Have managed to clear a bit of the new 1/2 plot I've taken on - that's a lot closer to us than the other allotment. Took it on last Sunday (22/05/11):
|View from the front of it (South end)|
|View looking back down it, from under the tree above (looking South)|
|Turning around, there's a shed and the plot tapers to a point on the left. |
Huge Japanese Knotweed problem though.
The beans planted are Borlotto beans - growing them for the dried beans. I've also got a load of others ready to go out, Blue Lake, Roquefort, Tendergreen, Yellow Tepee, Ying Yang, Ruth Bible.. I think that's it. All in all about 200 plants.. A few will be grown for the beans inside, to be used in cooking (and saved to regrow next year), other as green beans.
Must say, being the only person on the allotment trying "new" ideas causes much discussion and whispering! I've found that out on both allotments now!
That's all for now as I'm off down the allotment for a good clearing session!