Tuesday, 12 April 2011

...and we're done!

We've finally got the new run sorted - with the chickens moved in.  The broody one wasn't too impressed, but seems to have calmed down a bit now.  I've decided to leave them in there for a couple of days, whilst I get rid of their old coop, and to give them time to get used to the new coop/nest box (one has already got the idea, just waiting for the other one to pop an egg out now as she didn't lay yesterday).

I think I've put deep alayer of shavings on the floor as they've kicked it all in their water and feeder, but here's some photos anyway:

Still need to get rid of the mountain of soil...
Chickens exploring their new run

New coop - opens out fully for ease of cleaning

Next project.. too many to list.  Looks so far to be the bedroom, but I've not been back down to the allotment in a couple of weeks now.  I plan to this coming weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Christopher looks like ou have done an amazing job Luv Sue x