Saturday 9 October 2010

Fast forward 1 year...

...and here we are today.  We'd have a great harvest from the garden, plenty of fruit and veg - really pleased for being so new to it all.  We've also had our fair share of set backs too - relentless battles with snails and slugs, various diseases and some just all out failures (mainly as I always seem to bite off more than I can chew and couldn't keep up with the demands of the plants and Seren, plus the other jobs in the house we were doing - pretty much buying new furniture, furnishings, and having our bathroom redone).  A few good harvests have been parnsips, carrots and pumpkins!

50p piece next to 'Autumn King' - shall definitely grow these again!

50p next to this parnsip - doesn't look much but weighed in at just over 2lbs - plenty for a big batch of soup!
Ellie made some really nice (if I do say so myself) Jam with the Blackberries, Summer Rasberries and Strawberries (plus some shop-bought blueberries as we only got 1 berry from our three blueberry bushes!). A couple weeks ago I had a go at making Green Tomato Chutney, which despite burning the pan turned out quite nice!  Although I did cheat and use up some peppers, chillies and courgettes (some bought too) as I didn't have enough tomatoes!

From these... to...


this - not very green tomato chutney


No comments:

Post a Comment